Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2015 14:00

U2414H, Apple, RGB color issue solved

This specifically refers to the Dell U2414H monitor being sent the wrong color space (YPbPr instead of RGB). This is your fix.

It's a commonly posted about topic that Apple (whether they will admit it to you or not) is blocking the sending of the RGB color space to many non-Apple monitors. Yet, if you call them about it, you'll just get the run around and have no real answer other than, "just buy our massively overpriced monitor and it'll work.". I spent over an hour and half on the phone with Apple "tech support" and they couldn't even understand the basics of how their own systems work in regard to monitors. I had it on speaker phone the whole time and even my Luddite girlfriend couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Since Apple refuses to correct this situation, I used some resources online and made it cut and dry. This issue is now fixed for me, and it can be for you as well.

It's a shame we can't get official support from Apple to fix their own systems, you have to rely on some knucklehead on the internet instead. Well hey, kids, download this, "it just works.".

http://goo.gl/vs93Xu

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 19th, 2015 10:00

Could a U2414H user simply =

* Open the Menu OSD
* Go to Color Settings
* Go to Input Color Format
* Select RGB instead of YPbPr

Capture.JPG

August 23rd, 2020 14:00

DasKraut,

The link is broken in your February 2015 thread. Could you please post again? I bought TWO Dell Ultrasharp and I have this same issue.  

No Events found!