Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 24th, 2019 23:00

U2713HM, entering power save mode

I've got a 6 year old U2713HM that worked fine. Bought a new computer, Windows 10, and used the DVI cable for a few months and then changed it to Display port cable. Now, I randomly get a "Dell U2713HM Entering power save mode". I've tried updating the monitor driver but I'm still having an issue with the monitor going into power save mode. I've tried setting the Power & Sleep to "Never", but that didn't work too.

Monitor Device Driver:

Driver Date: 8/21/2013

Driver Version: 2.0.0.0

Video Card:

nVidia GeForce GTX 1080

Any advice?

1 Message

February 24th, 2020 15:00

I have the same monitor which went to sleep perfectly under Windows 7 for years.  Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have the same problem.  I recently found a Windows setting under 'advanced options' for Power and Sleep that affects USB selective suspend and I have changed it from Enabled to Disabled.  At the moment this is looking promising!

2 Posts

September 9th, 2019 16:00

Well, I think I've spent enough time on the internet trying to figure out why my Dell U2713HM keeps going into PSM (Power Save Mode) when connected to a Display Port. Decided to go back to the DVI-DL to get the 2560 x 1440 resolution. I'm disappointed with this 6 year old monitor!

1 Message

June 4th, 2020 01:00

Thanks @OldMoldy! Disabling "USB selective suspend" fixed this problem for me as well. Finally i don't have to turn off and on again my monitor whenever my computer has been locked for more than a minute.

No Events found!