I just got my new monitor and tested it out. I noticed that the lower right part of the screen is a lot lighter and can be noticed on desktop. I used some sort of maintenance test (removed the display cable, pressed down 2 buttons and went through some sort of screen test). Here are some pictures that I took during it, I apologize for the bad quality. Taken with a phone :(.
So basicly i'm asking if this is normal?
Heres the link:
I was unable to access the image that you've uploaded through 'google docs'. Please insert this image in your reply within the post. In the mean while, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Use the control buttons on the front of the monitor to adjust the characteristics of the image being displayed. As you use these buttons to adjust the controls, an OSD shows the numeric values of the characteristics as they change.
2. Touch the 'Menu' button to launch the OSD menu and display the main menu
3. Touch the or button to move between the setting options. As you move from one icon to another, the option name is highlighted.
4. Touch the button once to activate the highlighted option.
5. Touch the or button to select the desired parameter.
6. Touch the button to enter the slide bar and then use the & buttons, according to the indicators on the menu, to make your changes.
7. Touch the button to return to the main menu or to exit the OSD menu
After the ''factory reset' check the performance of the monitor again. If the issue persists, try adjusting the monitor screen vertically to see if that works; If not, please send the monitor's details so that I may help you further.
I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.
I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide details mentioned below so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.
1. Monitor's 'Service Tag' / 'PPID' Serial number at the back / 'Dell order number'
2. Account Holder's name (Person's name who purchased the monitor)
3. Country where the monitor was purchased
4. Currently shipping address
5. Primary contact number
6. Secondary contact number
7. Best time to reach you (With time zone details)
Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.
Based on the pictures provided in your google docs, the monitor is within our manufacturer specifications for backlight uniformity.