Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2010 07:00

Dell Webcam Central - Please plug in a supported Device

My SP2309W is plugged in to my Toshiba Satellite A505 running Win 7 / 64.  When I open Dell Webcam Central it tells me 'Please plug in a supported device'.  I have it connected using an HDMI cable.  Is this my issue ?  When I run Skype with my laptop it uses the Toshiba built-in webcam.  I would like to use the webcam on the Dell, as well as the integrated microphone.  No deal, please help ! - thanks...

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 27th, 2010 08:00

Why would you want to run two webcams simultaneously? The monitor USB uplink cable must be connected to a USB port on the rear of the PC for the monitor webcam to function. But, my bet is the operating system will strumble with both webcams in operation.

2 Posts

December 27th, 2010 10:00

I operate with two monitors simultaneously, my Dell SP monitor and my Toshiba Laptop itself.   As such, the laptop defaults as the webcam and microphone, only it's off to my right and I work primarily from my Dell monitor and use the Toshiba for reference programs.  I would like to operate during webinars with the webcam from the Dell and its microphone because that's the way I normally face the computer.

I guess I overlooked the USB connection during the install.  I assumed, incorrectly, that the HDMI cable would enable all the needed interface.  However, now I've connected it to an active port on my Toshiba laptop and it still doesn't see a connection.  Gives me the same message.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 27th, 2010 10:00

So you installed the SP2309W driver, restarted the PC and now SP2309W shows up in the Device Manager under Monitors?

You then installed the SP2309W Webcam Application  and restarted the PC?

Have you tried disabling the Toshiba laptop webcam to see if the SP2309W webcam works?

1 Message

December 27th, 2010 12:00

I have same problem with my dell laptop with a built in web cam.  I bought the dell 2208wfp and want to use its built in web cam instead.  it is set up as my primary monitor.  I could not get anyone at dell to ever help me but someone with a cable co helped me and it was a very simple change in the computer setup.  We fixed it and somehow it is not working again.  I have worked for hours to find the setting and cant.  I have tried disabling but since i have two dell cams which do i disable?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 27th, 2010 18:00

It you see both of them in the operating system device manager, disable one, and then test if the monitor webcam is active. If not, disable the other one and re-enable the first one. You might have to ask the laptop guys here.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2012 20:00

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND CAN NOT FIND A WAY TO FIX IT WITH DELL BOOTABLE TOOLBAR. MY WEBCAM JUST STOPPED WORKING. IT IS BUILT IN ON MY DELL INSPIRION 2205 TOUCH SCREEN PC. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US.

No Events found!