Re: Dell Webcam Manager

i am having the same problem, dell webcam manager (dwm) does not recognize the monitor webcam but it is still accessible through the dell web chat software. my husband is looking into it. he thinks it may have something to do with 32bit applications not seeing 64bit drivers. the monitorcam is recognized by the dwm on our 32bit vista pc but not with the 64bit vista pc.

-heidi

0 Kudos
phlflyer1
1 Copper

Same issue here as well with a recently delivered XPS630 and the same sp2309w monitor. Hope somebody finds and posts a fix for this issue soon!

0 Kudos
gunnar007p
1 Copper

I also reinstalled the lame dell webcam product. It works some how fine when comunicating using the webcam through the skype chanel. The thing is we want our product to work so that we can send V~mails ya right! Well dells got us by the balls and when your waranty is expired they don't give a about you or there product. Never a dell again because it's pure capitalism without a heart and only geared like vista oh ypur missing a driver ya we can fix it but at what a price! Where is XP? I want it back...

0 Kudos
JaxSG2
6 Indium

I've gone thru all the steps in trying to get my Dell  Webcam Manager to ID the webcam, no luck. The center, consol will not ID the cam. The cam works fine for video chat, etc.. Create Avatar works fine, Video chat works, Live Cam Avatar stalls at first then loads. I have a XPS630i system. Love it. emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos
jmasone
6 Indium

Are you running 64-bit Vista?  Seems to be a common thread for folks who are having problems running Dell Webcam Manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JaxSG2
6 Indium

yes, I have the Vista 64-bit. I just got the system, I've had it for 3 days, I love it. The webcam Manger is the only thing I've had a problem with. All the drivers are there and work fine, no conflicts. I hope to get that feature working, seems like something I would use.

0 Kudos
toadoftoadhall
6 Indium

I'm having a similar problem with a SP2309w monitor cam.  It says its a creative webcam, just wish I could find the correct Creative software so i could ditch the Dell stuff.  I never had a Webcam Manager, only the Webcam Central.  Done all the loading and unloading, downloading etc, still cant see the webcam, even tho it works in control panel cameras to take stills, so i know it works and the driver is loaded.

toad

0 Kudos
JaxSG2
6 Indium

I've been to Creative Labs site, all the drivers are up to date. The problem is the installer for the 64-bit that is the problem/Webcam Manager, I think. I have some 32-bit programs on my older system that wouldn't install on this 64 bit system. I copied them to my storage drive, then copied and pasted them in the program file on my new system, they work fine. Hope to find a fix.

0 Kudos
jmasone
6 Indium

Jimmy P -

If you are still monitoring this forum thread, can you confirm whether or not the problem folks are experiencing with the webcam software is related to incompatible drivers or software on 64-bit Vista?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Since we don't have any 64bit drivers for the webcam, at least that I can find, yea that could be the problem.

0 Kudos