Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2008 11:00

Dell Webcam Manager

I just received a new Dell XPS 420 with a SP2309W monitor with builtin webcam.  when i try to run the dell Webcam Manager, I get an error message stating that the webcam driver is not installed.  I installed the webcam software from the CD dell included, so not sure what is going on.  the webcam seems to work when accessed through Dell Webcam Central. 

Any thoughts?  Is this a possible compatibility problem between this new monitor and Webcam Manager that Dell hasn't tested out yet?

4.6K Posts

December 22nd, 2008 11:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

It's highly unlikely to have anything to do with the monitor.

Before we go on to make any other suggestions, go to the 'Support --> Drivers & Downloads' section for the XPS 420 on the Dell website, and download/install the latest drivers webcam drivers/software available, to see if those make any difference?

13 Posts

December 23rd, 2008 06:00

Thank you for the reply.  I did download and install the latest Webcam software and drivers, but I'm still experiencing the same problem.

2 Posts

December 25th, 2008 06:00

From beginning ....to now ,  I think that sound look like ...may be you don't connect USB cable fron Comp to Monitor?

13 Posts

December 25th, 2008 16:00

Yes the USB cable is connected.  As I stated, the webcam works with some features of Webcam Central.  But with WebCam Manager, it reports driver not installed, which, of course, it is.

2 Posts

December 25th, 2008 17:00

I bought this monitor only...it's come with a cd software for this monitor (includ web software). Explore cd ...It's has webcam software and I install direct from there...I don't have problem about this....Sorry I can't do any for you.

13 Posts

December 25th, 2008 18:00

Thank you for your effort.  Unfortunately, I did try reinstalling the software that came with it, but still the same problem.  I'm disappointed no one from Dell has stepped up with any suggestions.  Browsing through the forums, I see other people are having the same or similar issues.

1.5K Posts

December 26th, 2008 08:00

Thank you for your effort.  Unfortunately, I did try reinstalling the software that came with it, but still the same problem.  I'm disappointed no one from Dell has stepped up with any suggestions.  Browsing through the forums, I see other people are having the same or similar issues.

Sorry but it's Christmas,  most of us are off including me. I would uninstall all of the webcam software you have on there now, then you need to download and install this driver and this Application. I'm checking on the forums every couple of days so try it and post back.

1 Message

December 27th, 2008 16:00

I am having the exact same issue, I also just received a new Dell XPS 420 with a SP2309W monitor with builtin webcam.  when i try to run the Dell Webcam Manager, I get an error message stating that the webcam driver is not installed. I have tried installing the webcam software from the CD.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the links Jimmy P provided but I keep getting he same error that "Your webcam driver is not installed.  Please install the driver in order to launch the Webcam Consol."    The USB cable is connected to the computer and to the Monitor.

thanks in advance for your help

13 Posts

December 27th, 2008 17:00

Thanks for the reply.

I followed your advice by deleting all existing webcam software, installing the monitor driver you provided, then reinstalling the webcam software you provided.  Prior to my deleting all webcam software, there appeared to be two seperate applications (1) Webcam Central and (2) Webcam Manager.  Now, I only have Webcam Central (which was reinstalled through your supplied link), but I no longer have Webcam Manager.  What is the difference, and do I need Webcam Manager?

December 30th, 2008 20:00

i am having the same problem, dell webcam manager (dwm) does not recognize the monitor webcam but it is still accessible through the dell web chat software. my husband is looking into it. he thinks it may have something to do with 32bit applications not seeing 64bit drivers. the monitorcam is recognized by the dwm on our 32bit vista pc but not with the 64bit vista pc.

-heidi

1 Message

December 31st, 2008 05:00

Same issue here as well with a recently delivered XPS630 and the same sp2309w monitor. Hope somebody finds and posts a fix for this issue soon!

1 Message

December 31st, 2008 13:00

I also reinstalled the lame dell webcam product. It works some how fine when comunicating using the webcam through the skype chanel. The thing is we want our product to work so that we can send V~mails ya right! Well dells got us by the balls and when your waranty is expired they don't give a about you or there product. Never a dell again because it's pure capitalism without a heart and only geared like vista oh ypur missing a driver ya we can fix it but at what a price! Where is XP? I want it back...

16 Posts

January 2nd, 2009 07:00

I've gone thru all the steps in trying to get my Dell  Webcam Manager to ID the webcam, no luck. The center, consol will not ID the cam. The cam works fine for video chat, etc.. Create Avatar works fine, Video chat works, Live Cam Avatar stalls at first then loads. I have a XPS630i system. Love it. :emotion-2:

13 Posts

January 2nd, 2009 12:00

Are you running 64-bit Vista?  Seems to be a common thread for folks who are having problems running Dell Webcam Manager.

16 Posts

January 2nd, 2009 13:00

yes, I have the Vista 64-bit. I just got the system, I've had it for 3 days, I love it. The webcam Manger is the only thing I've had a problem with. All the drivers are there and work fine, no conflicts. I hope to get that feature working, seems like something I would use.

No Events found!