8 Krypton

Re: Dell Webcam Manager

Hello Chris! I'm looking for the latest version of Webcam Manager for the integrated webcam of my XPS M1730; I just want to know if the file R199836.exe is still the latest one.

If I download and install this Webcam application, should I first install the driver for the webcam (R160323.EXE) or is it included with the application installer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

I am not sure about the Laptops. I am the Desktop Liaison. Ask the guys on the Laptop General Hardware board.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Okay I'll do that.

Would you at least tell me if the Webcam application includes the webcam drivers, or should I install the drivers separately prior to installing the application?

Also, I see that my XPS M1730 is compatible with the file R199836 (<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>). Does this mean that I can use it with my laptop's integrated webcam? Could you please clarify this for me?

Thanks for your timely reply!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am now confused. To what specific external monitor is the M1730 connected?

You cannot have both the Laptop webcam and the Monitor webcam running at the same time. If you want to use the Monitors webcam, you must disable the Laptop webcam.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
anil luitel
Not applicable

yes

0 Kudos