Highlighted
danieldkim
1 Copper

Dell's Service is so spotty - terrible search functionality for monitor drivers - my U2211h

I wasted 1 hour of my life trying to find the drivers for Dell UltraSharp U2211h.  I can't find it anywhere!  When I went to the drivers & support landing page, The page is unavailable - and it's 2 pm PST on a Friday.  Come on guys, get it right.  Why can't I go to support.dell.com and then type in Dell U2211 drivers and get a result?  Your monitor has serious flickering issues that I haven't been able to fix for a month now also.  And it's only 1 year old monitor.  What am I gonna need to do to get some solutions around here!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Dell's Service is so spotty - terrible search functionality for monitor drivers - my U2211h

Try updating your video card drivers. Monitor don't need drivers since they are plug and play. The drivers that are listed are for the monitor's adjustment buttons, not the video. I agree that it is hard to find the monitor download site. Here it is-- support.dell.com/.../monitors

Some monitors have 3 year warranties if they were bought separately from the computer. Check yours.

0 Kudos
danieldkim
1 Copper

Re: Dell's Service is so spotty - terrible search functionality for monitor drivers - my U2211h

Hi Mary G. That was very helpful, thank you.  I have the 3 year warranty on the U2211 and I've been working on this issue with adviser for weeks - nothing doing. And I even tried the replacement monitor... but same problems recur.  I tried your suggestion of the video driver reinstall - but it hasn't helped.  I appreciate your help but I'm still trying to figure this out.  I don't know what to do - this problem recurs with both my laptops and it recurs with a replacement monitor also.  Is it a systemwide problem in all 2211's?  Is it my motherboard on both my 6510 laptops?

0 Kudos