Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 8th, 2003 01:00

Distortion at the top of M991 Monitor

Hi,

I have a Dell M991 19" Monitor that came with my Dimension 8100 almost 3 years ago (2 years 9 months). In the last two days there is distoriton in the top 20 or 30 lines of the monitor, with the very top 5 or 6 lines turning black. It doesnt occur at any regular interval, sometimes it occurs every 3 seconds, and sometimes 5 or 10 minutes apart.

I have tried reseting to factory settings and hooking my monito up to another system, but the problem persists. Does this mean my monitor is on its last legs? Please help.

Arne

November 9th, 2003 01:00

How can you see the horizontal lines on top of the monitor?  Did the picture shifts downward?  There are magnetic deflectors along the yoke of the CRT.  Did you drop the monitor?  A shop may be able to tweak the deflector plates resulting in an acceptable image. 

The picture tube is OKAY. 

F.

November 9th, 2003 02:00

I mean that the top lines of the visible part of the monitor (the screen, I thought that would be obvious)  turn off, and a few lines below the non functioning part become distorted and they seem to mix together. The actual screen does not move downwards. And no the monitor was not dropped, it simply began doing this 3 days ago when I turned it on in the morning. I simply want to know 2 things:

1. Can this be fixed? and how much?

2. If not, will the lines progress further down leaving me with no picture?

Thanks (I hope this clarifies any confusion as to the problem),

Arne

Message Edited by sk8rboiiii on 11-08-2003 11:01 PM

1 Message

November 28th, 2003 17:00

I have a Dell M780 monitor that came with my Dimension XPST700 3 and half years ago and I have been having the same problem except that my black line is on the bottom. I think this means that the monitor is on its last legs but am not sure as to how to determine this.
No Events found!