Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2011 18:00

Does anyone know what panels are used in the UltraSharp 2007FP

I have an ultrasharp u2311h that I am exchanging on warranty. I bought it for the IPS panels (which I thought were not LED). I was told that the replacement will be a u2311hm IPS with led backlighting. I have hard time with LED and do not want to risk trying the u2311hm. I have the opportunity to get a 2007fp instead. It has ccfl backlighting, but  it does not say what panels. The dell rep doing the exchange for me could not find out what panels are used, but said they are likely not IPS. I've read on other forums that the model (at least a few years ago) was shipped with PVA and ISP panels (people talked about it as a lottery because you never new what you were going to get). Does anyone know what they are shipping with now? I want a monitor that is easy on the eyes for text work (reading pdfs, browsing, and word processing). 

Thanks!

2 Posts

October 6th, 2011 16:00

Thanks Chris. I notice that when I type u2311h into the search box it says the panels are e-ips (I thought they were s-ips). Is there any way to tell if my current monitor has s-ips or e-ips (I read that on some monitors you can hold down certain buttons while powering on to find the panel info).

Thanks,

Nicole

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 6th, 2011 16:00

There is no way of knowing what panel will ship. Go here and enter 2007FP in the search box.

No Events found!