Highlighted
Darbyole
1 Copper

Dual Monitors

Jump to solution

I am getting a used OptiPlex 755 small form factor computer. I want to use two monitors with it. I am confused by what I have read. Do I need  the DVI add-2 card or can I just install an additional video card? I've never heard of an add-2 card before.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juggar
1 Copper

RE: Dual Monitors

Jump to solution

You will need a low profile video card. A radeon 6450 low profile should fit your basic needs. 

Just make sure the video card has the appropriate connectors for the two monitors. 

Remember, you can convert from HDMI to DVI and vice versa. So you may need an HDMI to DVI adapter to support two DVI monitors on a low profile card. As these cards normally only have one DVI port.

Alternatively, you could have one monitor use the VGA port(analog) and one using the DVI (digital)port. 

You could also have one monitor use HDMI and the other DVI, its would effectively be the same thing as both are digital connections. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Juggar
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You will need a low profile video card. A radeon 6450 low profile should fit your basic needs. 

Just make sure the video card has the appropriate connectors for the two monitors. 

Remember, you can convert from HDMI to DVI and vice versa. So you may need an HDMI to DVI adapter to support two DVI monitors on a low profile card. As these cards normally only have one DVI port.

Alternatively, you could have one monitor use the VGA port(analog) and one using the DVI (digital)port. 

You could also have one monitor use HDMI and the other DVI, its would effectively be the same thing as both are digital connections. 

0 Kudos
Darbyole
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank You. That's what I needed to know.

0 Kudos