Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2005 19:00

E152FPc

Hey everyone. My monitor, a 15" Dell LCD (Product E152FPc) needs a driver installed for it to operate on a higher resolution than the default 640x480. When I go to the Dell website for drivers, however, I cannot find a driver for the E152FPc, but there is one for the E152FPb and other models. Where can I find the driver, if not on the Dell website? I also searched Google and Download.com for the driver, but nothing showed up. Please help!

Kevin

4.8K Posts

August 4th, 2005 19:00

kwinchel,

The driver that you need is for your video card, not for your monitor.  The video card controls screen resolution and color depth.  What model computer do you have?  What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?  Have you just reinstalled Windows on your computer?  What model video card is installed in your computer?

Steve

3 Posts

August 6th, 2005 23:00

Thanks a lot Steve,

Computer Model: Dell Dimension 2400
Video Card: Not sure (it is the standard Dell Dimension 2400 card)

Yes, I recently formatted the computer and reinstalled Windows, hence the screen resolution problem. The Dell manual said that a recovery CD had my drivers on it, but I can't find the CD and so (I suppose) I have to download them online.

Thanks again for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

Kevin

4.8K Posts

August 7th, 2005 18:00

kwinchel,

You should install the first several drivers in the following order:

1.  Intel chipset driver which can be downloaded here
2.  Intel 845 G/GL integrated video card driver which can be downloaded here

The remaining drivers can be installed in pretty much any order.  They are listed below:

3.  Broadcom integrated NIC driver which can be downloaded here
     NIC diags which can be downloaded here
4.  Integrated SoundMax sound card driver which can be downloaded here

Your modem driver should be on a separate CD.  If you cannot locate the modem driver CD, the driver is most likely the Conexant D850 which can be downloaded here one or the Intel 537e which can be downloaded here

After downloading them and installing them, consider burning them to a CD in the event that you need them again.

Steve

Message Edited by BigBrother on 08-07-2005 02:40 PM

3 Posts

August 7th, 2005 21:00

Steve,

Thanks for all of your help. Everything is perfect now, thanks to your expertise. God bless your sacred soul.

Kevin

4.8K Posts

August 7th, 2005 22:00

kwinchel,

You are welcome.  I have serious doubts about that sacred thing, however.....

Steve

No Events found!