Highlighted
1 Copper

E171FPB, fuzzy from the middle to the right side

Jump to solution

I have a E171FPB Flat Panel monitor.  Just today I fixed a problem (pasted below) where I had to run the drivers/utilities disk.  I wonder if this is related to my new problem.

My new problem is words are much crisper on the left side of the screen and to the far right.  But in the middle-right area words are fuzzy--no crispness.  Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Yesterday's problem (now fixed):

I was working on my computer and it sort of froze up (which it never does).  I hit the restart button and when it came back all the colors were blurred and psychedelic-looking.  Not only that but now everything is magnified.  Like on a Word document you can increase the size to 200% or something, well that's what my screen shows for everything.

I know it's not a setting because there are lines of blurriness running up and down the screen. 

(End yesterday's problem)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Re: E171FPB, fuzzy from the middle to the right side

Jump to solution

Within your Display Properties, ensure that the resolution is set to 1280x1024. Click the Advanced button, and under the Adapter tab, set the refresh rate to 60Hz (if it is not already set to that). Click Apply, OK, Apply again, and check the screen for fuzziness.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Re: E171FPB, fuzzy from the middle to the right side

Jump to solution

Within your Display Properties, ensure that the resolution is set to 1280x1024. Click the Advanced button, and under the Adapter tab, set the refresh rate to 60Hz (if it is not already set to that). Click Apply, OK, Apply again, and check the screen for fuzziness.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Monitor is fuzzy from the middle to the right side

Jump to solution

you sir, are awesome. I set my monitor in 75hz and that's what causes the blur. i just set it to 60hz just as you said and everything is now clear! thannks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Monitor is fuzzy from the middle to the right side

Jump to solution

That worked!  You are so the man.

0 Kudos