Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2008 10:00

E172FPb monitor not working

Kia ora koutou

My monitor just won't work no more! Any help gratefully accepted.

I have a E172FPb LCD monitor which has been working fine. Last time I turned on, after a brief display it went blank and the on/off switch started blinking green. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting power and cable. I've tried a new cable. All works with an old CRT monitor. I've reloaded video driver.

Any ideas anyone? or is it RIP?

Dimension 2400

512 MB RAM
Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz Processor
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Dell E172FPb LCD monitor
Windows XP 5.1.2600

1 Message

May 3rd, 2009 10:00

I have 1 doing the same if i hear anything i will thet u know.

If you hear anything let me know thank you.

12.1K Posts

May 5th, 2009 11:00

Since you have the Integrated video chip, not a video card, and tried reinstalling the video driver,  you may want to try the monitor if possible on another neighbor, freind, or family system to see if its the monitor and not the video chip is the issue.

If the monitor works on another system, then its possible that the video chip is bad and you may want to get a dedicated video card, PCI verison ( Not PCIe or PCI-Express) that will not cost much.

Also if you are still under warranty, you can call Dell support to have them run you through some fixes and if not, then maybe they will send you out another replacement

Good luck with this.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 5th, 2009 12:00

whiteowl101,

* Turn off the monitor
* Unplug the monitor from the computer (ALL cables)
* Plug the monitor power cord directly into the wall socket
* Turn on the monitor
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background
* If the STFC (Self Test Feature Check) fails, contact Dell Technical Support and provide to them the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC to verify if the warranty is still valid:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear to verify if the warranty is still valid:
Reason: Fails STFC. List specific failure

No Events found!