Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2015 17:00

E2014T, Mac Mini, Touch deadspots

I actually returned the first one of these because certain parts of the screen would not register touch, but the second one I got had the exact same problem. Here's the interesting thing:  this problem occurs with my Mac Mini running windows 8.1.  I know dell does not 'support' mac machines, but I don't have the mac OS even installed on this computer!  Shouldn't it function as a normal windows machine? Well, I ask this question because I hooked it up to my dell laptop, and it worked fine. Does anybody have a theory why this might happen?  I'm going to ask on the Apple bootcamp forums as well. I've thought about getting another touch screen, but I'm afraid it would have the same problem.  Not at all sure it's a Dell issue, but not sure whether another monitor would have it or not.

thanks for any ideas,

-eric

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 30th, 2015 09:00

Did you install the retail system chipset and video drivers? I do not know if they will work on apple hardware but worth checking into.

10 Posts

October 30th, 2015 10:00

You know, I don't think I did.  I will try that.  I'll be very annoyed if that's all it was ;)

10 Posts

October 31st, 2015 09:00

Okay, that did not help.  I tried to run the utility to set the precision of the screen, and several of the touches wouldn't even register.  I just had to touch other places to finish the process.

Doesn't seem like any of the software deals with the touch feature.  The OS just considers it an HID mouse.  Is there no actual touch software??

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 31st, 2015 11:00

No. The Touch capability is innate in the Windows operating system. I cannot speak to Apple OS. You should post on the Apple Discussions Forum and see if they can offer some insight or troubleshooting steps.

10 Posts

October 31st, 2015 16:00

PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL POST!

I am running WINDOWS 8.1.  I do not even have the Mac OS installed on this machine.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2015 13:00

I did. You are still running on Apple proprietary hardware so it is not going to "act" like a windows system. We only offered the Windows operating system INF/CAT/ICM driver which "shows" the monitor in the Device Manager and adds the color profile. The "touch" portion of the driver is controlled by the operating system, but dependent on the computer hardware.

No Events found!