Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2012 20:00

E228WFP: Cannot navigate the OSD menu (+ and - keys don't work?)

Hello all. I am having trouble with my E228WFP. Just for the record, I can lock and unlock the monitor (hold down menu key). The issue has nothing to do with that. The issue is rather that it seems like the - and + buttons don't work. All other buttons work though. As a result of my inability to use the + - buttons, I cannot navigate the OSD menu or use the quick adjust mode of pressing the + or - keys directly.

I am connecting the monitor via analog vga connection and the image shows up perfectly at 1680x1050... problem is I can't calibrate the image anymore than that.

Please advise if there is a solution :).

Warm Regards,

Nate

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 20:00

One last thing... the monitor did pass the self test and I only tested the above issue with an analog (vga) connection. On my new and old laptop in both windows and ubuntu.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 4th, 2012 14:00

* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the power cable from the monitor
* Disconnect all monitor cables from the PC (USB, DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.)
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the video cable to the monitor and to the PC video card
* Reconnect the power cable to the monitor
* Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
* Power on the PC
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button for your cable
* Once into windows, test the monitor +/- buttons. If still no go and under warranty, get it replaced by Dell

No Events found!