Ares1976
2 Bronze

Flat Panel Display (DVI, ATI Radeon X800 PCIe card) is flickering in green when Computer is starting up and/or the resolution switches to 1288x1024

Hi,

I've got a Dell Dimension 8400 with an ATI Radeon X800 (PCI-express card) and an Iiyama Prolite E431S (flat panel display with a max. resolution of 1280x1024)

When the display is connected to the PC with th DVI cable is starts flickering green immidiately when the computer is turned on (during the Setup- and Windows XP Start / the display is starting up at a resolution of 1280x1024). As soon as Windows turns down the resolution to 1024x768 it ist working fine. When I switch the resolution back to 1280x1024 ist starts flickering green again.

Everything works fine (even at 1280x1024) as long as i just connect the display with standard the D-Sub Cable.

Does somebody know a possible solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance...
Ares1976
0 Kudos
3 Replies
OakIris
2 Bronze

Re: Flat Panel Display (DVI, ATI Radeon X800 PCIe card) is flickering in green when Computer is starting up and/or the resolution switches to 1288x1024

Looks as if you are getting as much help from Dell support as I am - none!  Have you checked the thread at the top of the forum?  http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33721 It lists a fix for ATi cards that might work for you.  Good luck.
0 Kudos
Ares1976
2 Bronze

Re: Flat Panel Display (DVI, ATI Radeon X800 PCIe card) is flickering in green when Computer is starting up and/or the resolution switches to 1288x1024

Thanks for the information...
unfortunatly I already tried it without any success!

Bye
Ares 197
0 Kudos
OakIris
2 Bronze

Sorry it didn't help - I tried it for my problem (no DVI signal with a Dell 2001FP and ATi 9700 Pro) and it didn't work for me, either.  Dell tech. support doesn't seem to be helping us at all.  I don't think they know how to fix the problems we are both experiencing  - maybe it's time to request an RMA so we can both get new monitors!
0 Kudos