Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2008 05:00

Greenish text on SP2208WFP

I just received my SP2208WFP monitor today and everything works okay, but I think some tweaking needs to be done.  One immediate problem I've noticed is that when I have black text on a white background, the text doesn't appear totally black, it seems to have a greenish tinge to it, what might I try to fix this?

Thanks,

Ray

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

July 1st, 2008 20:00

I've had my SP2208WFP for about 2 weeks and the text was so bad that I was going to send it back. I did a google search and found many people with the same problem. I found many tweaks, which solved the problem and now the monitor is great.

Try starting by setting color settings to "user preset". Turn off "color management". I have "sharpness" in Image settings set to 50.

See if any of that helps.

XPS 410
Windows Vista Home Premium
BIOS 2.5.3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
4GB DDR2-PC5300 @667Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS
2x250 GB WD Sata II HDD'S 7200 rpm (Raid 0 Array)
1xSeagate SATA 120GB(non-RAID)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N
SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
SP2208WFP

KIS 7, Verizon FiOS

105 Posts

July 1st, 2008 21:00

if your using vista then try turning off the true type fonts (display appearance settings), this should fix it :)

otherwise you can download a true type font modification tool (I have not found it or bothered to use it, I just switched them off)

Jon

29 Posts

July 2nd, 2008 01:00

I've tried that, and bunches of other stuff, but nothing has really helped a lot.  Turning off Color Management did help a little and it looks like maybe it solved the greenish problem in IE, but it's still there in Windows Mail and other applications.

I also have a problem with white text against a dark background, it has pinks & greens in it.  None of these problems occured until I upgraded to Windows Vista.  The rainbowish text was there with my old Viewsonic monitor, but the greenish text did't start until I switched to my new Dell monitor.  I like Vista, but it sure has been a pain, one thing after another.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Here's a picture to show you what I mean:

Text Problem

29 Posts

July 2nd, 2008 17:00

Thanks Spott,

I guess I'm gettin' there slowly but surely!  I've turned off True Type fonts in Vista, I've turned off Color Management in the Monitor settings, and I've messed around with the settings in nVidia Control Panel, including changing the gamma to 50% as you suggested.  All these things have made a big improvement, but I'm still not quite there yet, the text in the window headers and the pull-down menus still looks weird and hard to read (kinda' thin & smeary looking).  I'm beginning to think that maybe it's my video card drivers, I have two geForce 7600GT cards in an SLI configuration and they worked perfectly with WinXP.  I updated the drivers to the latest, but I've heard that maybe nVidia still needs to do some refining for Vista.  I never had any of these kinds of problems with XP.

Ray

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

July 2nd, 2008 17:00

yar

Did you switch your color settings to User Preset, instead of Normal Preset? That, alone, solved 90% of my problems. You can still leave the color setting to 100%, but I have tried different colors settings. Right now I have Blue and Green at 100% and Red at 90%. You just have to try differant things.

Also, If you have an Nvidia card, I set the gamma to 50 instead of the default. That helped too.

Spott 

No Events found!