Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2017 10:00

HP ZBook Studio G4, Dual U2414H, Daisy chain issue

Dear all,

Since 2 months I am a proud owner of 2 Dell U2414H monitors, but unfortunately today the monitors suddenly stopped working. I am using these monitors together with my HP Zbook studio G4 (Nvidia quadro 1200M), connecting the laptop with the first display using a USB-c to display port cable and a display port cable between the monitors (both daisy link 1.2 enabled). It all worked perfectly, until today. When I plugin the display port cable in my USB-c slot, both screens turn into "Power safe mode". While my laptop does recognize the 2 monitors, it doesn't do anything with it. Weird thing is, when I turn off the second display, the other display works fine. 

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thanking you in advance.  

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 15:00

We only tested the U2414H daisy chain from either a DP (DisplayPort) out or Mini-DP out on the computer. In theory, this is how it should be setup =

HP Zbook Studio G4 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C out --> Thunderbolt 3/USB-C to DP cable --> #1 U2414H DP in port (DisplayPort 1.2 Enable)

#1 U2414H DP out port --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2414H mDP in port (DisplayPort 1.2 Disable)

* Turn all three off (Laptop, both monitors)
* Disconnect ALL cables from the monitor. Disconnect the Thunderbolt 3/USB-C to DP cable from the laptop
* Press each monitor power button in for 30 seconds
* Reconnect in the way I showed above. Turn both monitors on, then the laptop. Make sure #1 U2414H is DisplayPort 1.2 Enable and #2 U2414H is DisplayPort 1.2 Disable

What happens?

No Events found!