BorisG
2 Bronze

Help with P990 Drivers

My computer has developed a problem that whenever i go into standby mode and later try to get the computer out of it, the computer turns on, but the monitor refuses to.  I checked that all powersave options were off and that both my keyboard and mouse were able to bring my computer out of standby.  The only way my monitor turns back on is if i turn the computer off manually and turn it back on.  I suspect that this is a problem with the drivers but i can't find any drivers for my monitor.  I have a Dell P990 monitor and am running windows xp home edition.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RBoutin835
2 Bronze

Re: Help with P990 Drivers

I am having almost the identical problem with the identical monitor.  When the computer is shut down and then turned on, the screen appears. then fades to balck. I turn both the computer on and off and eventually, the screen comes on.

I tried Dell support and am having difficulty understanding the techs. The one I talked to today wanted me to open the tower and when I expressed my unease at going in there myself, all of sudden I got disconnectged.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RBoutin835
2 Bronze

Re: Help with P990 Drivers

I should add that my power saver options are also set to never.
0 Kudos