Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2013 09:00

How do I attach my PC and PS3 to the same monitor and speakers?

Basically, I use a U2410 monitor and don't have room for another TV/Monitor in my room. I want to use the same monitor for both my PS3 and PC. What is the best way to accomplish this? I've seen HDMI splitters, audio splitters, HDMI switches, and countless other ways to solve my problem. I also want to use the same speakers for both.

Which way is the easiest?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 8th, 2013 06:00

Dustin587,

* PS3 HDMI port to HDMI cable to U2410 HDMI port
* Computer video card DVI port to DVI cable to U2410 DVI Connector-2 port
* Use the U2410 Input Source Select button to switch back and forth

Speakers plugged into the U2410 Audio Out jack for the HDMI audio. To get PC audio, you will have to disconnect the speaker cord and plug it directly into the PC audio jack.

3 Posts

January 8th, 2013 09:00

If possible, I would like to avoid that setup. It's what I am currently using. I would like to avoid having to manually change over to my PS3 or PC as needed. I had a previous setup that worked okay, but it no longer works.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 8th, 2013 11:00

Explain this, " I would like to avoid having to manually change over to my PS3 or PC"

3 Posts

January 8th, 2013 13:00

The U2410 has the ability to change from HDMI to DVI or a number of other connections. I would like to be able to change over to another connection without having to pull out my monitor and pull out/put in another set of cables. I would like to switch over to another device and that device have sound.

No Events found!