Highlighted
suzyimmer
1 Copper

How do I get the best quality picture quality result on my new U2312HM monitor??

Its plugged into a Sony laptop with no DVI connection, I have HDMI, USB and VGA, but surely using the VGA to VGA monitor supplied, as analogue compared to digital is really not the best solution, certainly does not look it as I am using it right now. Only cable enclosed with screen that connects. I was really surprised that I cannot connect using an HDMI cable??? That is how I have been working thus far till this new screen arrive this morning,  using HDMI to a large TV. I need the best quality connection/result as possible as I need to use it for photography.  Do I need a new cable? Adapter? What? Of course nothing in the instructions/DVD coming with the screen to help me. Says to use the DVI cable for best performance, but I have no connection on my Sony laptop for this. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How do I get the best quality picture quality result on my new U2312HM monitor??

I was really surprised that I cannot connect using an HDMI cable?
* The monitor only has VGA, DVI, and DP (DisplayPort). Was there something on the sales site that lead you to believe it had HDMI?

While connected VGA to VGA, press the monitor Menu button. On the bottom it should state, "Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz". If your doesn't, then check the laptop video settings and change the reolution to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

0 Kudos