Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2012 19:00

IN2020M, Yellow spot due to heavy exposure 100w bulb

My dell IN20202M has a yellow spot it appears only when background image is black color. it is due to i kept a 100w bulb near my monitor about 3 cm gap for half-an-hour for evaporating water from my led monitor according to a suggestion in online. after that i saw black hole on my monitor when i removed the light the black became small decreasingly and remained as yellow spot. when i post this same on fixaya website someone replyed that by changing back panel u can fix this problem and also conveyed a message that actually my led's were not damaged only pixels very burnt due to heat. is this correct can i change my back panel how much it cost where can i find these panel?

November 10th, 2012 00:00

Thank you for the response. Thank you for posting the video.

The video indicates that the spot on the monitor is induced by heat causing the bright pixels to appear which are not visible on light backgrounds.
Any repairs on a monitor are not possible; the whole unit has to be replaced.

Please reply if you have any further questions. 

November 7th, 2012 20:00

Hi charwaka,

You correctly mentioned that the pixels are burnt. However, replacing the back panel may not help; the whole monitor will have to be replaced. 

I am sending you a private message. Click on 'Inbox' to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on 'Start Conversation' to send a private message. I will check the warranty status and help you accordingly.

Please reply with the information 

8 Posts

November 8th, 2012 03:00

My System service tag:  it is dell insprion 580s with 20-inch monitor (IN2020MB). It has no warranty. Although there is 5 cm diameter yellow spot. The image behind the yellow spot is clearly appearing and yellow spot appears only when background image is black color  I reguraly play FIFA 13 game it has all green background so this yellow spot disappear when the back ground is black it clearly appears that means leds are all right  only the cover on led is Yellow faded. Even when i watch movies in night scenes only the round yellow appears. in other situations it disappears like nothing happend to my system. Finally what it looks like means  If we take yellow light and project it on to monitor and assume that condition like that it appears. If leds were damaged then at the spot behind nothing appears no.

November 8th, 2012 22:00

Thank you for the response.

It seems to be a hardware issue. However, please post some pictures of the monitor when the yellow spot is visible and when not visible. 

Please do not share personal information on a public forum; use a private message. The Service Tag should be removed from the post by the moderator as per terms of usage because it is considered as your personal information. However, you can delete the Service Tag as well.

8 Posts

November 9th, 2012 02:00

Dear manpreet,

kindly watch this vedio i uploaded it to youtube and made a screen test the spot appears only when back ground is black and in red blue it disappears

vedio: www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03OwJSQw9Y

i dont know how to send a private message and excuse for violating terms & conditions

pls tell how to send pictures in mail i know that proceducere in gmail kindly mention you email address i will attach them

8 Posts

according information in online by using Jscreen fix for "burn-in" which usally occurs in plasma tvs can be solved by using this software . Running this software 10-hrs. Is this help-full to me. and also by massaging the screen keeping a cloth on effected area and a earaser behind rubbing makes it disappear.

8 Posts

here the pictures link kindly download and see the difference   http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v5wlbnpepprxvyo

see y-4 and y-3 pictures in that rar folde at the same place the spot was disappeared

this all problems is due to over heat on that place

is there any solution or cream that can we apply and make it disappear

No Events found!