Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

December 11th, 2013 15:00

Is U3014 Screen Corner Bleed Over Problem Fixed Yet?

I posted a question about excessive U3014 backlight bleed-over back in June 2013 when I received a new Dell U3014 direct from Dell Small Business.  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19513942.aspx  After checking Chris M said it was being escalated to higher powers,  I still see other problems being reported like the infamous USB3 hub failures that afflicted the U2713H.  Since it was within the 30 day window I returned the U3014 to Dell for credit.

Today I just received a "refurbished" U2713H that has several fixes including the USB3 one.  After seeing the really perfect LED backlight screen with NO Bleedover, I thought I would try again to see if the latest Rev has fixed the bleedover problem as well.  If you have a bleed-over free U3014 let us know what Rev number it is.

Maybe Chris M can comment on this. 

February 26th, 2016 02:00

Nope. Its 2016 and the Rev A06 is out and the light bleeding is still around.

1 Message

March 9th, 2016 11:00

I just got a rev A07 made in December 2015 still has the light bleed issue and I'm not liking that the cal1 and cal 2 never hit the white point you specify  when you calibrate it.

The Srgb and adobe98 presets are only close if you don't mind looking at a monitor that is putting out 250 cd/m2 try editing photos at that brightness, once you have it down to an acceptable level 100cd/m2 for photo editing  the white point is way off.

I'm thinking of sending it back I will play with it for a few more days then decide if I can live with it.

I can always just use the custom preset but I was really hoping that with the cal1 cal2 presets I would get a neutral grey scale from black to white with an accurate white point with the hardware lut,  but that appears to not be the case.

I just downloaded the latest version of the calibration solution ver: 1_5_7_141118 for windows and will see if that improves things any.

Keith

No Events found!