Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2013 00:00

Issue of U2713H 4xUSB port are not working

Hi Dell,

I bought my U2713H few days ago. and i am trying to plug my Removable-USB on the monitor usb port today. Then i noticed it is not working. I have already checked the cable connection between monitor and motherboard, which is SS cable. and its all good. And i also tried to re-installed the card-reader driver from the original Dell drive disk. But still not working. I really dont want to lost 4 usb3.0 port, Hopefully you could help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 30th, 2013 07:00

Lancejia,

What model of computer? How many USB ports on the computer?

9 Posts

July 30th, 2013 11:00

Hi Chris

I just assembled a new desktop from last week with windows8 pro system. the hardware of my computer is Asus Z87-C, GIgabyte AMD HD7970 OC. I have 4x3.0 + 2x2.0 usb port on the mother board and 2x3.0 + 2x2.0 on the case. So totally i have 10 USB port on my computer. But i really need the U2713H monitor usb port for my quick access. But i dont know why its not connecting. Hope you could help me to solve this problem.

Cheers

9 Posts

July 30th, 2013 21:00

Chris , I really think some wrong with my monitor connection with SS cable. It just not recognized...

Any ideas???

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 31st, 2013 13:00

Be sure the USB uplink cable is fully seated into the monitor, then test the other end on both 3.0 USB ports and the two 2.0 on the case. If still no go, contact Dell Australia Support and have them dispatch a replacement USB 3.0 Uplink cable, P57VD. If the replacement cable has the same issue, then re-contact them so they can exchange the monitor.

9 Posts

August 1st, 2013 18:00

Hi Chris

Today i tried to connect with my Macbook pro(DP and SS cable connetion) and U2713H without install any drivers,  it works perfectly !!!!  Its no problem for me to connect external USB by Monitor port. So I think it s something wrong with my computer AsusZ87-C 3.0USB port Compatibility or settings.

Do you have any ideas or solution about this problem ??

Cheers

9 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hi Chris, i bought a USB2.0 uplink cable and connect to monitor. and the USB Hub are working now.

Do you think is some wrong with the USB3.0 cable or BIOS setting ? Cheers

August 4th, 2013 05:00

I too have the same problem on a U2711Hb

The USB ports and card reader are not recognised at all. I have tried the following to resolve the problem.

1. Swapping the USB uplink cable.

2. Plugging the uplink cable into different USB ports on the computer.

3. Plugging the uplink cable into different USB ports on another computer.

4. Blowing compressed air into monitor's USB uplink socket.

5. Cycling the power on the monitor

6. Removing all cables and power from monitor for four hours and recconecting.

I have run out of ideas.

What really annoys me is that before I had a U2711 with a three warranty and the card reader stopped working just at the end of the warranty. After some tense discussion with Dell they decided to swap it out for this U2113 a few months ago. I put up with having to recycle power to the monitor to get the screen to wake when turning the computer on but now, with the USB problem I have, this monitor that is worse than the one I had swapped out. I now think Dell knew about the issues with the U2713 and just palmed me off with a dud monitor to get rid of them.

I have spoken to Customer Service on Dell's Facebook page and they couldn't care less and are refusing to do anything. There have been no offer of spares or service manuals or details of engineers to effect a repair. I suspect I will be forced into taking further steps to resolve this issue.

It seems to be a case of when a Dell warranty runs and the kit goes wrong your only option is to bury it in your local landfill site.

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 15:00

It's 3 years from this initial post, but I'm having this same issue. I've connected my monitor via all types of USB cables and still does not detect when trying to run calibration software.

Monitor is U2713H

No Events found!