Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2009 09:00

LCD Service tag missing

Hello

I've just purchased  a  E248wfp LCD  monitor from an online retailer.

Unfortunately my monitor works fine just for a couple of minutes it has a green vertical line in the screen, I call tech support but they requested a service tag , but there is no service tag at all.  The only one label has this numbers:

Model number:E248WFP

071366-11

BQR-E248WFPB(B)

I tried to access help vial Dell website and phone number but without a service tag they told me there is no way to help me.

Could you please give a hand on this? or I just give up. 

Thanks for your help!!!!!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

September 4th, 2009 10:00

Monitors don't have service tags. You must use your order/invoice number if you purchased the monitor separately without a computer. You can use the computer's service tag if the computer is still under warranty and the monitor came with it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 5th, 2009 15:00

Reseller Monitor Warranty Policy
Contact the reseller and get the Dell order number for the monitor. That order number will tell us if the reseller bought the standard monitor warranty. If the reseller paid for the warranty, we can transfer the monitor warranty into your name. If the reseller cannot provide a Dell order number, they most likely did not buy the warranty coverage and bought them from us in as is condition.

Contact Customer Service and give them the order number. They can then check the warranty status. They will need the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Operating system:
Video card:
Video card ports tested:
Reason:

No Events found!