Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2014 09:00

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 VGA out to U2414H HDMI in?

I have Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 and have for 3 months Dell U2414H monitor which is connected to the PC via HDMI cable. The performance is so superior that I decided to change my old (monitor number 3) for an additional Dell U2414H. Well, my second Dell U2414H has arrived today and I have a puzzle how to connect it to my laptop. The HDMI connection on the laptop is already occupied by the first Dell U2414H monitor and the only available ports on my laptop are USB or old style VGA connection! The question is: How can I connect the second Dell U2414H monitor to my PC? Or I better off send it back and buy something with VGA connector?

Thank you!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 18th, 2014 13:00

Purchase this Monoprice VGA to HDMI active converter.

Laptop VGA out --> VGA to VGA cable --> Monoprice VGA in/Monoprice HDMI out --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> U2414H HDMI in

3 Posts

June 19th, 2014 12:00

Dear:

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to find this type of product in Europe. 

Thank you once again!

3 Posts

June 20th, 2014 08:00

Dear:

One more question.

The monitor comes with Mini - DP to DP cable and the monitor has Multi Stream Transport function. I am trying to connect both monitors with Mini - DP to DP cable and enabling Display port 1.2 on first monitor but nothing happens on the second monitor. 

What is the purpose of this Multi Stream Transport and can I activate it by connecting two U2414H with Mini DP to DP cable?

Thank you!

No Events found!