Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2010 03:00

Long shipping delay for the ST2410 monitor

I ordered a ST2410 24-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor off Dell.ca during one of their daily specials (very nice discount), however I'm a bit puzzled by the long estimated shipping date that's almost a full month away; why is it taking so long to ship a stock-configuration monitor?

2 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 17:00

I feel your pain crsh1976. I ordered mine on 3/13 and the est. shipping date is 4/12. I called the customer service and Chat with an agent. Both of them don't have a firm answer for me, "Possibly out of stock or back ordered". In my opinion, this is the strategy Dell use to avoid over stocking and to cut cost. First they run a sale, collect the money from all of us, putting in the exact number of orders to the manufacture, using our money (interest free) to pay for the production cost and finally ship it to us after a month. That might explains why our order status is "In Production".  Don't get me wrong, I love Dells products, but it is just getting too ridiculously long to purchase a monitor in the year of 2010.

March 27th, 2010 17:00

Mine says 6/4/2010 so april 6th..after this experience I am never going to buy a product from DELL again :S sorry but that is just rediculous I had two friends who got monitors from other stores online and they got it 2 weeks ago..and we ordered it all the same day together. This is just sad DELL. ONE WHOLE month to ship a stock monitor is just sad. I don't want to even think about how long your custom computers take to ship.

Regards,

EX-DELL customer. 

2 Posts

March 27th, 2010 18:00

I called customer service to ask what was going on, and they basically had nothing new to say else than "it happens, sorry"; I cancelled the order. I ordered a ST2310 a few days later (different daily offer) on a Monday instead, and received it Friday of the same week. Very odd.

Incidentally, a co-worker of mine ordered a computer and has been waiting for 4 weeks already; even if it's a custom configuration, that's still a ridiculously long delay.

March 27th, 2010 19:00

When I called customer service, and finally got some rep all the person had to say to me was "Our system is down please call back later" and he immediately hung up not letting me give a chance to even say "hello" as I said I doubt I will be a Dell customer again, this kind of service is such a turn off. Sure I got it for a deal, but that gives no right to treat customers like dirt, and I do not want to buy another model from dell after waiting for more than 3 weeks. I will just look else where.

Regards.

1 Message

March 30th, 2010 08:00

I also ordered this monitor on March 3rd and still waiting for it. Yesterday when i called Customer Service that guy is so dumb and he told me that my order has been cancelled because they discontinued this product. I hangup on him and called sales people and asked about my order, they said it is still there but they can deliver it only around April 26th. This is so ridiculous that even customer service don't know whats going on there. I'm so disappointed with dell and next time i'm not going to buy anything from Dell. If they wanted to be in this competitive market they have to change their customer service and be responsible to customer or else they will always be the last one in the charts.

March 30th, 2010 10:00

are you serious? April 26th? alright I'm just going to cancel..there is no point waiting for so long when there are better deals out there that will let me have it in one week. Oh and I finally figured out what the issue was...maybe this is why they are taking so long http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijH3cRJ1BY <= watch link.... comeon guys..less singing more working mmk?

Regards.

No Events found!