Highlighted
MPH1000
1 Copper

Monitor Doesn't Wake Up After in Sleep Mode

My monitor sometimes doesn't wake up after I hit the sleep button.

Monitor: a Dell E198WFP Flat Panel LCD Monitor

PC: Dell XPS 8600

BIOS Version String: A10

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

The power light on the CPU Case turns white, indicating that it is alive and well but the monitor displays a message saying that is it not receiving a video signal and so is entering power-save mode, then it goes black and the monitor power light goes from green to orange. I've tried clicking and hitting buttons on the keyboard but nothing gets the monitor's attention. Also hitting the sleep button on the keyboard does not, at this point, cause the PC to sleep again. I'm forced to hold down the CPU's power button until it is off then boot and of course run disk checking since there could be file corruption from a harsh action like this.

It is possible that the monitor is working but the CPU is not outputting a signal or not responding to the input devices.

This problem does not happen every time.

This is a new PC. I'm so sick of the problems I've faced with it. I don't dare use sleep mode.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Monitor Doesn't Wake Up After in Sleep Mode

Hi MPH1000,

I would suggest you  to run the hardware diagnostics to check hardware functionality. Please refer the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

You may uninstall and reinstall the video drivers. Please follow the steeps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Display Adapters’.
  • Right click the entry listed under ‘Display Adapters’ and click ‘uninstall’.

To reinstall driver, please refer to the link: http://dell.to/12ckoPL

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos