Monitors

Last reply by 01-18-2010 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Monitor/Internet explorer issue: brightness of screen flickers

Hi,

I have a studio xps 9000, windows 7 and ST2210 high-def monitor. When I use internet explorer the screen flickers on certain websites when I scroll the webpage up and down. When I say flicker I mean the screen dims and gets brighter as I scroll up and down. I can still read and see everything perfectly at both extremes. It's just annoying when the degree of brightness keeps changing. Does anyone know what I'm experiencing and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Replies (7)
Community Manager

Only certain sites? List them.

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Well, this dell site is one. Facebook, tsn.ca is another. The sites which experience the problem out number the ones that don't.

Community Manager

Can you test the monitor on another PC to see if the issue follows the monitor?

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Not really. I could if I had to but its a matter of carrying a 22" inch monitor down an elevator, into a car and across town to another PC. And I don't own a car. It's something I would need a few days notice to do. Is there any other kind of troubleshooting I can do that doesn't require another PC?

Community Manager

Neighbor?

Find your Service Tag

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

When I say flicker I mean the screen dims and gets brighter as I scroll up and down.

Sounds like the side effect of Dynamic Contrast. Try turning it off in the Display Settings menu.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi,

Dynamic Contrast was already off by default.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor