Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2009 10:00

Monitor SP2309W and Microphone, isn't working properly

The microphone is heard wrong, distorted but the thing is, it happens randomly, but always at the end.

I've tried Messenger, Skype and happens all the time the same way, I am speaking with someone and after 3-6minutes (depends) the receiver says that it sounds weird, like totally distorted.

I am using Windows 7 but it also happens with Vista because I've try it before there also. Both 64bits.

Any idea? or I just call for a replacement?

Thanks by the way!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 28th, 2009 10:00

Go into the OSD (On Screen Display) -Audio Settings and choose Reset Audio Settings. Any difference?

1 Message

August 28th, 2009 16:00

Hi Chris! i think you can help me :)

i have the same monitor sp2309w

the problem is the very very low volume of headphone conected on the monitor

ps. before i had another monitor with the same conection (line in <-> line out) and it works perfectly

3 Posts

August 28th, 2009 19:00

No It didn't make any difference, still the same, any other idea?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 28th, 2009 20:00

Reinstall the Dell Webcam Software over itself and restart the PC. Then check the microphone. is this on a Dell PC? What sound card? Have you reinstalled the PC sound card driver?

3 Posts

August 29th, 2009 16:00

Ok, I think its gone, finally, I decided to install Vista 64bits instead of Win 7. I don't know if this made the difference or it's a software problem in terms of the webcam suite, which this time I don't have it installed.

I've been chatting 1 hour with my girlfriend through Skype without any sign of the early problem.

Yeah! jajaja thanks by the way for all the info you suggested me ;)

May 1st, 2010 18:00

I'm having the same problem with Windows 7 64-bit.

After a few minutes on Skype the other end complains my mic's sound is ''robotic and distorted''.

June 5th, 2010 23:00

DId you try Hitmaker's trick above?  I've got the same problem and I'm about to try it.

June 5th, 2010 23:00

Ok, I think its gone, finally, I decided to install Vista 64bits instead of Win 7. I don't know if this made the difference or it's a software problem in terms of the webcam suite, which this time I don't have it installed.

I've been chatting 1 hour with my girlfriend through Skype without any sign of the early problem.

Yeah! jajaja thanks by the way for all the info you suggested me ;)

Is this the software that fixed it for you?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?releaseid=R199836&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=276927

August 10th, 2010 21:00

Same problem + 1 dead pixel + pulsing menu button. Even though it is in warranty, its pointless to use the warranty as Dell will send a refurb. And who knows how that will be !

4 Posts

August 11th, 2010 02:00

Anyone get this issue resolved????

4 Posts

August 14th, 2010 00:00

Hi Chris... I am having the same problem with my monitor.  Anyone have a fix?

November 8th, 2010 04:00

Same problem + 1 dead pixel + pulsing menu button. Even though it is in warranty, its pointless to use the warranty as Dell will send a refurb. And who knows how that will be !

Could you explain it more clearly? Thanks very much! Any examples for reference?
No Events found!