Highlighted
Donzaghi
1 Copper

Monitor U2913WM - power safe mode - can't be turned on

When my PC starts and go to run the motherboard's bios, my new monitor U2913WM goes to "power safe mode", and can't be turned on, but it automatically turn on when the system entering Windows7. Anyone knows how to fix it? I currently using DVI port, my VGA card equipped with 2 DVI-I ports, Display port, & HDMI. What should I do?
12 Replies

Re: Monitor U2913WM - power safe mode - can't be turned on

Donzaghi,

What video card and operating system? Are you using the Dell supplied DVI-DL cable?

0 Kudos
Donzaghi
1 Copper

Yes, I'm using the Dell supplied DVI-DL cable.

My operating system is Windows 7,

and my video card is MSI R5750-PM2D1G

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Donzaghi
1 Copper

I have tried the other DVI port on the video card, but the results is the same as before. My monitor still doesn't turn on when PC starts and run the motherboard's bios.

Should I change DVI-DL cable to DVI-I?

0 Kudos
mexic00ls
1 Copper

i have the same issue as you im running the exact same monitor along with my aurora r4 connected via dell provided d-port and hdmi and its impossible to read post, enter bios or safe mode, not even the windows seven splash. i've tried with the dell oem gtx 560 and pny gtx 680. its <deleted profanity> that i have to use my tv to do so

0 Kudos

Can you test DP to DP or HDMI to HDMI to see if the issue is the same as DVI to DVI?

0 Kudos
Donzaghi
1 Copper

Yeah, I've connected the DP cable, and I got no better result than I expected, the monitor went to "power safe mode".

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

In the lab, we tested a U2913WM on three different systems using DVI. We never had a problem in seeing the pre-Windows boot screens. We could always see the F2 message clearly and would have time to bring up the BIOS screen. So, disconnect the U2913WM from the computer. Connect an older monitor to the computer. Turn the computer on, press F2 to Enter the Bios and disable fastboot. Exit the Bios saving your changes. Once into windows, power the system off, reconnect the U2913WM to the system via DVI. Power on the monitor, then the system.

0 Kudos