* The monitor firmware update will take approximately 10 minutes * Interruptions during the update process such as disconnecting or turning off the monitor or PC will cause damage to your monitor * Read the Firmware Update Instructions/Readme found in the Firmware package BEFORE updating your monitor
* Just because the monitor File Library list a Firmware update does not mean that you should install it. I will use the U2518D as an example
* Read through the first section under "Dell U2518D Firmware Update" Notice that it states, Importance: Optional That means that it is not a critical update for all U2518D owners
* Then click on, View full driver details * Read through the "Fixes & Enhancements"
* If your monitor is functioning and does NOT have the specific issues corrected by the Firmware update, then you should not install it
* Once the purchased monitor warranty period has expired, Dell will not exchange a monitor for a failed Firmware Update