Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MM

December 4th, 2003 11:00

Monitor menu is locked? Key is displayed

I've got a 15 inch trinitron monitor which recently stopped letting me into the configuration menu -- access through the buttons on the front of the monitor.  I can only get a green key symbol in the lower left corner.  I didn't lock it.  Didn't even know it could be locked.  Now I cannot change display properties.  Anyone got any ideas?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 4th, 2003 13:00

Mr Monitor,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

What is the type of 15 inch trinitron monitor that is locked? I will need this information in order to post some information for you to resolve the issue.

December 5th, 2003 07:00

Thanks for the link.  I've got the monitor unlocked.  Although it is still in German language and can't find the language option.  At least can change geometry

It is a D825TM, SER no 55301D06VP18 manu date 1998.  It has 3 different display modes, controlled from the monitor, standard, presentation and graphics/video mode -- and it had set itself to one that made the screen very dark.  Hey but now can play Settlers III in daylight again!

Thanks for your help.

410 Posts

December 5th, 2003 07:00

With a name like Mr Monitor I find it surprising you need help with a monitor. hehe

Anyhoo, have a look at this thread posted not too long ago. It might even still show up in searches.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=15902

No Events found!