Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2012 07:00

Monitor screen resolution enlarges every hour for 60 seconds-Vostro 200 PC

My Vista View VA2231WM LCD montior changes the resolution every hour for 60 seconds. I have it set at the recommended resolution and every hour it automatically decreases the resolution and enlarges the screen for 60 seconds and then returns to the correct setting. I am running Vista . We have replaced the video driver and it still does it. All the setting seem correct. Any clues how to get it to stop?

After hooking up new monitor a few days later the screen would turn black then open with everything on the screen super sized. After 60 seconds it would go back to the normal resolution of 1920x1080. It does this every hour for 60 seconds. We tried hooking up the old VGA monitor and it did the same thing. Then we replaced the card to a Geforce8400. Its stil does it. The monitor also has settings but they appear to be correct as well. I do not know why it does this every hour for 60 seconds and how to get it to stop?

1.1K Posts

August 29th, 2012 08:00

Hi Batbug1

Just to be sure, have you tried connecting both the monitors with different cables to eliminate the issue with the cable?

Please follow the steps to fix this issue:

1. Run MS Fix-It : Solve Windows display quality issues :

http://bit.ly/PQgiEY

2. I understand that you have already updated the video driver, however, the video driver may be corrupt. Uninstall the video driver:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “My Computer” and click on “Manage”.

• Click on “Device Manager”.

• Click the + sign to expand the ‘Display adapters’ entry. (Check the video card of your system from this entry and install the driver accordingly mentioned in the following steps).

• Right click on the video driver under ‘Display adapters’ and click on “uninstall”.

• Check the box to delete the software.

• Restart the system and install the fresh copy of the video driver.

• Click on the following link:

http://dell.to/OukFUO

• Enter your system’s service tag and select the operating system.

• Go to “Video” click on the driver depending on the video card installed on your system.

• Click on “Download File”.

• Select “For Single File Download via Browser” and click on “Download Now”.

• Click on “Save” and save the driver on your desktop.

• Right click on the driver saved on the desktop and click on “Run as administrator”.

• Install the driver by following the on screen instructions.

• Restart the system and check if the system is working fine.

Note: In case you have installed any other video card on your system, please go to the manufacturer’s website to install the driver.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!