Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2017 03:00

Monitors going blank in daisy chain

I'm running two Dell UltraSharp U2515H monitors in a daisy chain from my Dell XPS 13 (the 7th gen i7 version) running windows 10. Both the displays go blank for about a second from time to time, usually every few minutes, but some times several times a minute.

What can I do to fix this?

The first monitor is connected via a USB-C to Display Port(DP) adapter, connected to a DP to mini DP cable (that came with the monitor). The second monitor is connected to the first with another DP to mini DP cable (that came with the monitor).

I've tried a hard reset of both monitors (turn off and unplug all cables), this seemed to fix the problem, but I had to unplug my laptop shortly after, and the problem started again when I plugged it back in.

I've also tried a factory reset on both monitors, this didn't help at all.

532 Posts

April 4th, 2017 21:00

Hi.

Welcome to our community,

We'll surely try and assist you. We appreciate the fact that you’ve tried certain troubleshooting steps before you post your concern.

With regards to the troubleshooting, please try swapping the cables and check if the issue re-occurs. Kindly share the exact system model with the service tag through a private message. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’. We are asking for the system model to check if there are any updated video and BIOS drivers.

We thank you for cooperation and we value your business with us.

2 Posts

April 5th, 2017 02:00

Hi.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I swapped the cables and plugged everything back in again. It seemed fine until I unplugged the USB-C adapter from my computer and plugged it in again. Now it's back to blanking for about a second every few minutes. It seems to only be the second monitor in the chain now, I haven't noticed the first one blanking.

I'll P.M. you my computer's system model.

No Events found!