Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2009 07:00

Need in Warranty service for my monitor. Can't find anywhere on the site to start the process

Hello,

I own a Dell 2407WFPb monitor that I purchased directly from the Dell web site on May 15, 2007 so according to the Warrant policy my monitor is still covered by the factory warranty.  When I try to look up my warranty status the system requests my service tag which is a 5-7 digit code.  The back of my monitor has no code only a much longer serial numer on the white tag located on the back.

I also cannot look up my original order information because the system only stores order information for up to 2 years.  I also cannot use customer chat because again...the system requires this service tag.  If the service tag is required on all inquiry's then they should really be sure to affix a service tag on purchased equipment.

Anyway, where do I start the Warranty service process?  Right now the power button on my monitor is starting to fail.  I doesn't really push in our out anymore and its starting to turn sideways.  This very same thing happened to my brother's Dell monitor which is the same model.

Please direct me to where I can begin the warranty service process.

Thanks!

Chris

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

September 5th, 2009 08:00

You need your original invoice/order number to obtain service and you might be able to get that from customer service. However, I doubt that a monitor purchased in 2007 is still under warranty. Contact Customer Service by phone and ask for a representative or email them by using the Contact link at the bottom of the page. I would just buy a new monitor. They are about $100-$150 now.

5 Posts

September 5th, 2009 09:00

Actually the warranty is 3 years and my monitor is just over 2 years old, so it is in fact still under warranty.  A new Dell monitor of the same specs is currently $439.00 so it would be silly to waste that money when I can get mine repaired free of charge.  :emotion-16:

2.2K Posts

September 5th, 2009 11:00

If it was purchased as a stand alone monitor, I believe you are correct about the three year warranty.

However, if it was purchased with a system, the warranty is whatever the length of the system warranty is.

Here is Dell's monitor warranty policy, including what to tell the tech when you call:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19263699.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

5 Posts

September 6th, 2009 07:00

Yeah it was purchased as a stand alone monitor, I build my systems.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 6th, 2009 12:00

My monitor did not come bundled with a computer so I do not have a service tag number. How do I get it replaced?

Contact Customer Service and give them the monitor order number. They can then check the warranty status. They will need the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Operating system:
Video card:
Video card ports tested:
Reason:

5 Posts

September 6th, 2009 15:00

Chris, thanks for responding....however....I can't use the form on the link you posted because it asks for an order number and a service tag number.  I do not have service tag on the back of my monitor and I can't look up the order number because your system only stores orders up to 2 years.  This monitor was purchased on May 15, 2007.  I really wish the system kept that information longer.  Maybe I'm only going to be able to do this over the phone?

The problem with the monitor is the power switch isn't operating properly, it is rotating and not pushing in and out properly.  This very same thing happened to my brothers monitor which is the exact same model Dell 2407 WFPb so this seems to be a fairly common problem.

Any suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 6th, 2009 16:00

Do you have the invoice with the order number on it?

My 2407WFP does the same thing. I just spin the button so the line is at 12. I did not want a refurbished replacement over the button issue.

5 Posts

September 6th, 2009 16:00

Yes I just found it and used the form you sent to contact customer service.  Thanks.

No Events found!