Highlighted
mpdesigner
2 Bronze

Need to get refund on 2408WFP

Anyone familiar with how to get a full refund on a 2408WFP? 

Will they make you pay shipping back to Dell? 

I want a refund instead of a replacement but don't think I should lose any money over what I see is a problematic first generation A00.Too many others have the same complaints so I don't think an A00 replacement would necessarily fix this.  I would rather wait for a revision than live with this one.

I just got this monitor 2 days ago and after trying it out I have found at least 3 significant problems that I don't want to live with.  1) Noticably brighter left side, 2) left side vertical liine and shadows on all text and icons in VGA mode, 3) Power save DVI input problem when I switch inputs.  

Anyone with experience with Dell full return and refund? 

8 Replies
Highlighted
larryxps07
2 Bronze

Re: Need to get refund on 2408WFP

I think if you log into your Dell.com account, there is a link - return item.

You might have to call support and have them try to fix the problem first.   I did, and now I can return it.

I tried to calibrate the monitor but it didn't help the pink tones.   I'm passing on this monitor.  I really hate too because I size is great but if I paid that much money for a monitor - I think it should be better.

Now I have to box it up again - UGH!

Highlighted
mpdesigner
2 Bronze

Larry,

I think I will return mine too.  Are they making you pay any return shipping fees?

I hope not.  I may consider another Dell monitor as I am scared replacing it may yield yet another bad apple.

Any knowledge of their 27" or 30" models?  24 is an ideal size for me though so it is a shame this one is going back.

Highlighted
larryxps07
2 Bronze

I chatted with them online and they were very quick to return it for a full refund.  UPS is coming to my house and picking it up free of charge.   24 inch is best for me too and I don't want to pay the extra money for the 27 or 30 inch.    You have 21 days from the date of shippment which doesn't seem right because it took a week to get it to me.   So, that was 1 week I didn't have it but the days of return were counting.

mpdesigner
2 Bronze

You chatted online as in instant messaging?  Not voice phone call?
Highlighted
larryxps07
2 Bronze

Correct.

Have your order number or customer number ready to give to them.

Highlighted
cacadooo
1 Copper

Hi there,

Well I think my left side is also slightly brighter than the right edge where I can spot some darker shade. It is not very dark but as you said I can notice this too. Second thing is backlight bleed (not very strong tough) in top left, top right and botton right corner. In the review on http://monitortest.blogspot.com/ they only spotted  slight backlight bleed in top lef corner. However, I can't test other inputs but on DVI power save works fine. I am very happy in general with this screen but for 422 GBP I paid for, one could expect more. I love the size and its resolution and now I just do not want to go for cheaper 22" TN panels. 

If I could be assured that when new revision is out they would replace the screen I can wait even until a04 revision.

I don't know what to do... 

Highlighted
larryxps07
2 Bronze

I returned my 2408 and bought a 245T - should be in this week sometime.

Highlighted
cacadooo
1 Copper

Would be nice if you could post your views. However, 245T is about 700GBP and due to that, way beyond my budget. I am a bit puzzled with dell. I know they can fix it or may be I am just reluctant to send it back:) I love the size but I don't know if I can get something better at the moment. However, as there is a progress in IT I will probably ship it back and wait...