Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2010 16:00

No Service Tag, no communication (For those of us with hearing loss), no resolution!!!!

I have need to replace my Dell 2209WAf monitor under warranty. Due to the monitor not having a service tag, I have been left with the only other option, the phone.

When you have profound hearing loss this is no option.  Please Dell, make it easier for those folks like myself to communicate with you.

I feel like I have been through some extreme life experience, staggerd  up to the door of a place of refuge, and been told that I don't have the correct door knock code to enter!!!!

Any one else feel like this?

5 Posts

May 17th, 2010 03:00

Hi

I wish I could help, have you tried this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19302385.aspx

Best of luck.

4 Posts

May 17th, 2010 04:00

Thanks for the thought.

I've already seen this post, and as you can see the "Contact Dell" still requires phone contact.

As it happens I had another  laborious  attempt doing the above today. I explained my problem and gave the details as requested. (It took three different operators before we had some form of communication-- they must get frustrated as well!!!)

I carefully gave my email address and they agreed to email me with a contact persons email address (with their supervisors approval)

So far no email. 

Arrrrrrrg!!

5 Posts

May 18th, 2010 02:00

Sorry, I thought the email contact on that page might help. 

I hope you get the promised email soon. Best of luck with it. It shouldn't be this hard!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 18th, 2010 07:00

Pat-NZ,

The only Dell monitors with service tags are the 27" and the 30". Since you only have a monitor order number, you should contact USA Order Support via email. They will need the following data -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Operating system:
Video card:
Video card ports tested:
Reason:

4 Posts

May 18th, 2010 12:00

Hi CHRIS M,

Please explain to me how the required fields are relevant to me here in New Zealand? I also only have the packing slip for the original purchase and not the invoice.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 18th, 2010 13:00

This forum is in the USA as most of our posters. That last post was the first time you said you were in New Zealand.

The invoice with the order number was shipped in the monitor box. If you cannot find it or threw it away, you must have someone call in for you to Dell New Zealand Technical Support 0800-446-255 and give them your name and phone number so they can track down the monitor order number. Once they get the order number and have tied the purchase and warranty to you, they can setup an exchange. They will also need the following  -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason:

5 Posts

May 19th, 2010 05:00

Just out of interest, I visited the NZ Dell web site today to try and get email support without a service tag and I couldn't find a way.

I was invited to fill in a survey form about my experience of the site and I told them about this thread and what I was trying to do.  I wonder if anybody takes notice of those surveys or this forum? 

Hope the OP has someone to phone in for him, as not everybody does.  I sometimes have to phone on behalf of my elderly mother and I've wondered how other old people cope when they have nobody to do things for them.

I suspect that most of us have never even thought about this or considered that it might be an issue until it's pointed out to us.  I hope somebody at Dell is listening (and other companies, whose support methods are probably very similar).

4 Posts

May 22nd, 2010 16:00

Thanks CustardFan.

After many hours of frustration, and help from others, I have finally received my second replacement monitor (new this time).

I have to tell you I have been to DELL and back!!!

Yes the New Zealand site could provide a "crack in the door for the deaf folks"

Thanks to all, especially my hearing therapist who spent an hour on the phone on my behalf. (NO CHARGE).

Her comments after three different operators over this time. "No wonder you feel frustrated!"

5 Posts

May 23rd, 2010 14:00

:emotion-2:

Glad to hear you've got your new monitor at last.  Bless your therapist, what a sweetie!

P.S.

Are you a writer by any chance?  You've certainly got a way with puns and word play.

No Events found!