Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 10th, 2003 23:00

Occasional Buzzing Noise on Dell Moniter

Sometimes when im at the computer a very annoying "buzz" will come from the moniter.  When I turn it off the noise will stop.  When I turn the moniter on, the "buzz" will start again. Any suggestions?

• 

16.7K Posts

November 11th, 2003 13:00

marky_2000,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Does the buzzing noise ever stop while the system is on or does it continue the whole time?

November 11th, 2003 14:00

Yes, the noise will sometimes stop while the system is on.  The noise will usually last a good 2-5 minutes and then stops.

1 Message

November 16th, 2003 20:00

Hi there,

I have a 1901FP monitor, three days old. Today my monitor started with a buzzing noise, and the only way to get rid of it is turning it off all together. The noise is present on stand-by as well.

I look forward to solutions from the moderator.

Thanx,

René

• 

16.7K Posts

November 17th, 2003 10:00

Balslev,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Put the monitor in its optimal resolution by following the steps below to see if that will resolve the issue with the monitor.

Setting the Optimal Resolution: Dell™ 1901FP Flat Panel Color Monitor User's Guide

For optimal diplay performance while using the Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, set the display resolution to 1280 x 1024 pixels by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click the Display icon in the Control Panel window, and then click the Settings tab.
  3. In the Desktop area, move the slidebar to 1280 by 1024 pixels. Then click OK.
  4. Recommended frequency for best performance is 60Hz.

No Events found!