Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2012 07:00

One monitor, two computers, different cables. Ok?

I have just purchased an ST2220L and wish to use it on two different PCs.  I would like to hook one PC to the VGA input and one to the DVI input and then switch from the front panel controls.

I would normally assume that this would work, but the quick start guide specifically says not to hook up two cables.  I think this might be trying to tell me not to hook two input cables to the same computer but since it isn't clear, I figured I'd better ask.

And, I initially tried to email or chat with Technical Support, but you need a service tag to do so.  The serial number didn't work.  However, there's no service tag on this size monitor and no way to proceed without one.  I was doing so well up to that point!

1.8K Posts

November 29th, 2012 01:00

Hi Larryaz,

Yes, you can connect one PC to the VGA input and another to the DVI input and select the input using the front panel controls. The quick start guide says not to connect two input cables from the same computer. Please visit the link and refer the “Connecting the Monitor” section:
http://bit.ly/Wwv3yL

Please let me know if you need more information.

35 Posts

November 29th, 2012 02:00

Yes, Rajath is right. You can connect a PC via 2 inputs.

2 Posts

November 29th, 2012 05:00

Thank you both.  This is what I expected but felt it was better to check.  And, Rajath, I had looked at the documentation as you suggested but when you get into the part about selecting the inputs, the right hand side of all the pages seems cut off.  It's just the way I am, but I couldn't help but wonder it that was where the dire warning would have been.

This answer saves me the trouble of finding a VGA switch or KVM.  Thanks again.

No Events found!