Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2014 16:00

P2314H, Displayport Error

Hello. I bought a brand new P2314H monitor yesterday for professional use. I wanted to test the Displayport so I bought a "DVI-D cable to displayport" in order to use it to my computer since my graphics card GTX460 only has two DVI-I, one HDMI, and a VGA. On VGA the monitor is fine, but when I connect the DVI-D to displayport cable, the monitor gets blank and the following message appears, "There is no signal coming from your computer. Entering power save mode". Also when the monitor is on the Displayport mode, it is not recognized by the Windows Screen Resolution manager nor the NVidia Control Panel. I really need a good monitor to use without being on VGA, you think it's the monitor's problem or is there any other explanation.

Thanks. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 08:00

A video card DVI port cannot upconvert to the monitor DP (DisplayPort). What you bought was designed to do the following =
video card DP out --> DP to DVI cable --> Monitor DVI in

You need to purchase a DVI to DVI cable and set it up this way =
Video card DVI out --> DVI to DVI cable --> Monitor DVI in

Or =
Video card HDMI out --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> HDMI to DP converter --> DP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in

OR =
Video card DVI out --> DVI to mDP active converter --> mDP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in

December 9th, 2014 03:00

Dear Chris,

I bought the DELL P2314H screen, but I only got on my laptop HDMI port. So I bought a cable converter from HDMI to DP to connect the display but with cable plugged in in both sides, the display can't recognise the input from laptop and it goes into energy safe mode.

Do you know if this solution with this cable could work? Is there anything else I could do?

Thank you,

Regards,

Elvio

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 9th, 2014 11:00

What you bought is designed to go from computer DP to monitor HDMI and will not work.

Video card HDMI out --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> HDMI to DP active converter --> DP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in

December 10th, 2014 00:00

Hi Chris,

thanks for the clarification,

regards,

Elvio 

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 11:00

I really need your help.

I have the following :

video card DP out --> DP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in

but my monitor it's not recognized and it goes to save mode.

I tried connecting another monitor on DVI connector so when I run "Dell monitor Driver Installer" it can be detected and the driver installed but it doesn't happen.

What it's messaged is :

The following connected monitors have been detected:

LGE Plug and Play Monitor - GSM586E

Drivers for the following monitors have been found:

Dell P2314H (DP) - DEL4098

Dell P2314H (DVI) - DEL4099

Dell P2314H (VGA) - DEL409A

Drivers for the following connected monitor can be installed:

None

Please connect your monitor before running this program.

The other monitor on DVI connector is detected but I have P2314H DELL monitor too, connected on Displayport connector and it's not detected

No Events found!