Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2015 13:00

P2314H, LCD conditioning doesn't seem to work

Hello,

from 3 days I'm owner of brand new Dell P2314H monitor. When I play full hd videos on youtube there is a lag. For example the following video. I read that I have LCD conditioning functionality, which fix some issues, but it doesn't seem to work. I started LCD conditioning several times - each one with duration above 4 hours and it only show me - "LCD Conditioning is currently in progress", so a manually stopped the progress.

My operation system is Linux Ubuntu 14.10 with the following characteristics:

• Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz × 8 
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 660M/PCIe/SSE2

Also I tried on friend's laptop with operation system Windows 8.1 (I installed monitor drivers), but the problem still continues. Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 29th, 2015 05:00

"My expectation is to have success message after the LCD Conditioning process is done."

That is not how it is designed.

I just tested LCD Conditioning on three different Dell monitor models (U3011, 2407WFP, S2740L). None of them had a time out for LCD Conditioning. You had to press a monitor button to stop it. There is nothing wrong with your monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 27th, 2015 20:00

LCD conditioning only helps reduce minor cases of image retention. It has nothing to do with video lag. Video lag is either your internet connection or the video card display settings or driver.

* Press the P2314H Menu button
* Go to Other Settings
* Go to Factory Reset- Reset All Settings
* The bottom of the Menu should state Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
* Exit the Menu
* Go back into the Menu- Other Settings- LCD Conditioning- Enable. What happens?

You need to test a HD video that resides on your computer, not the internet.

If the video card has both DP out and DVI out, test them both on the P2314H.

January 28th, 2015 13:00

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the comment.

I have tried again and I followed your steps, but after 2 hours of changing different colors the results was the same - it only shows me "LCD Conditioning is currently in progress".

Should I contact my reseller?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 28th, 2015 21:00

"after 2 hours of changing different colors"
That is what LCD conditioning is supposed to do. Continually flash full screen colors.

January 29th, 2015 00:00

How long does it take?

My expectation is to have success message after the LCD Conditioning process is done.

Does LCD Conditioning process have success message or it only shows "LCD Conditioning is currently in progress" and you choose how many hours you will leave it?

January 29th, 2015 06:00

So how much time  is preferable duration?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 29th, 2015 07:00

The LCD conditioning should only be run a couple times a year, maybe an hour. Image retention is not an issue in recent monitors. But this has nothing to do with the lag in internet HD videos. Video lag is either your internet connection or the video card display settings or driver.

February 4th, 2015 13:00

It is not so user friendly. Thank you for the answers!

No Events found!