Problem description: P2415Q, the screen is now always black, though power LED is on and PC detects it. The first week the monitor was working without issues. Then after a few days break it was again attached to the computer and then the screen suddenly went off and on (with few seconds in between) and it happened a couple of times. On third time the screen never came back. It always stays black. Hard reset did not help. Monitor’s system menu is not visible either. Computer still can detect it (and switch resolution).
* The monitor was purchased two weeks ago from Amazon.
* Serial number: CN-0D8VXF-74261-71S-083L and the revision: A04.
* Connection: computer mDP out port --> mDP to DP cable --> P2415Q DP in port (using original cable from the package).
Is there any solution which I could try locally? It is quite new monitor (produced in 2017) with the latest revision (I assume) A04. Does that problem still exist with this revision? Any hints are appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Before posting my message I did search the forum and saw the post you refer to. I tried as much as possible (checking connectivity, hard reset) but nothing helped. I cannot play with the monitor's menu as the screen is black and I can't see anything.
You have the latest revision. Try this and then retest =
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables (including power) from the rear and side of the monitor
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect ONLY the power cable to the rear of the monitor
* Turn the monitor on. Does anything appear on screen?
Thanks Chris for the suggestion. I just tried now exactly what you said. As the result, unfortunately nothing appeared on the monitor. LED is on, but the screen is black. I think the backlight (not sure how it is called) gets on, because when I switch it off, it gets slightly darker (aka completely black).
By the way, even more important question, what difference does it make if I buy a monitor directly from Dell? Does it work better or it is just a different support level in case of problems?