Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2017 04:00

P2415Q, screen went black

Problem description: P2415Q, the screen is now always black, though power LED is on and PC detects it. The first week the monitor was working without issues. Then after a few days break it was again attached to the computer and then the screen suddenly went off and on (with few seconds in between) and it happened a couple of times. On third time the screen never came back. It always stays black. Hard reset did not help. Monitor’s system menu is not visible either. Computer still can detect it (and switch resolution).

Details:
* The monitor was purchased two weeks ago from Amazon.
* Serial number: CN-0D8VXF-74261-71S-083L and the revision: A04.
* Connection: computer mDP out port --> mDP to DP cable --> P2415Q DP in port (using original cable from the package).

Is there any solution which I could try locally? It is quite new monitor (produced in 2017) with the latest revision (I assume) A04. Does that problem still exist with this revision? Any hints are appreciated!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 8th, 2017 07:00

You have two choices =
* Return it to Amazon for refund. Then buy a new one directly from Dell
* Get a used/refurbished exchange through Dell

7 Posts

August 7th, 2017 07:00

Forgot to mention that my problem is similar to this old case: en.community.dell.com/.../ But the suggested resolution (hard reset) did not help in my case.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 7th, 2017 07:00

Read this. Let us know if it helps.

7 Posts

August 8th, 2017 00:00

Before posting my message I did search the forum and saw the post you refer to. I tried as much as possible (checking connectivity, hard reset) but nothing helped. I cannot play with the monitor's menu as the screen is black and I can't see anything.

7 Posts

August 8th, 2017 00:00

I also tried to connect the monitor to another computer, same thing.

7 Posts

Thanks Chris for the suggestion. I just tried now exactly what you said. As the result, unfortunately nothing appeared on the monitor. LED is on, but the screen is black. I think the backlight (not sure how it is called) gets on, because when I switch it off, it gets slightly darker (aka completely black).

7 Posts

Do you know by any chance if it is possible to buy a monitor directly from Dell in Finland?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

You have the latest revision. Try this and then retest =
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables (including power) from the rear and side of the monitor
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect ONLY the power cable to the rear of the monitor
* Turn the monitor on. Does anything appear on screen?

7 Posts

By the way, even more important question, what difference does it make if I buy a monitor directly from Dell? Does it work better or it is just a different support level in case of problems?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 8th, 2017 09:00

Do you know by any chance if it is possible to buy a monitor directly from Dell in Finland?
* No idea. You will need to search their site.

By the way, even more important question, what difference does it make if I buy a monitor directly from Dell? Does it work better or it is just a different support level in case of problems?
* Read this.

1 Message

February 17th, 2018 14:00

Unfortunately, my Dell monitor decided to do the same thing to me.

Whenever I turned it back on, it would say that it is going into power save mode.

Anyone have other advice, vs. having to go get a new monitor?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 18th, 2018 11:00

Nikki_28,

What was the result of this?

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables (including power) from the rear and side of the monitor
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect ONLY the power cable to the rear of the monitor
* Turn the monitor on. Does anything appear on screen?

No Events found!