Today the image of my monitor suddenly became distorted and then lost reaction generally. Once I re-connect it, the monitor will be awaken but still with distorted images and would lose reaction after two to three seconds. I want to ask for replacement, however after checking its warranty, I found it was sold in Spain other than my location, Germany (I bought it on e-bay). Last time the e-bay seller helped me to ask for repair service and so they came to my place to replace it, but this time I have to contact by myself. I have serial number and I am sure it is still within warranty period, but once I want to get in touch with the German technical service, it will automatically divert to the Spanish website. So I totally have no idea how can I ask for replacement in this situation?
First, do this and retest =
* Turn the PC off
* Turn the P2416D off
* Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the P2416D
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the P2416D
* Connect only one video cable from the P2416D to the computer video card. Example below =
Video card DP out port --> P2416D DP to DP cable --> P2416D DP in port
* Turn the P2416D on, then the computer
* Press the P2416D Menu button, choose Input Source, choose DP, exit the Menu
Second, what is the non-private 20 digit S/N? That will tell us the build date and thus, the warranty end date.
Third, if the P2416D has a service tag number, you must use the service tag ownership transfer form to get the ownership into your name and address.
Social Media Support
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message:
Dell Monitor Service Tag number, 20 digit S/N, A0x revision
Dell PC Service Tag number
Drivers and Downloads