Today the image of my monitor suddenly became distorted and then lost reaction generally. Once I re-connect it, the monitor will be awaken but still with distorted images and would lose reaction after two to three seconds. I want to ask for replacement, however after checking its warranty, I found it was sold in Spain other than my location, Germany (I bought it on e-bay). Last time the e-bay seller helped me to ask for repair service and so they came to my place to replace it, but this time I have to contact by myself. I have serial number and I am sure it is still within warranty period, but once I want to get in touch with the German technical service, it will automatically divert to the Spanish website. So I totally have no idea how can I ask for replacement in this situation?
First, do this and retest =
* Turn the PC off
* Turn the P2416D off
* Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the P2416D
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the P2416D
* Connect only one video cable from the P2416D to the computer video card. Example below =
Video card DP out port --> P2416D DP to DP cable --> P2416D DP in port
* Turn the P2416D on, then the computer
* Press the P2416D Menu button, choose Input Source, choose DP, exit the Menu
Second, what is the non-private 20 digit S/N? That will tell us the build date and thus, the warranty end date.
Third, if the P2416D has a service tag number, you must use the service tag ownership transfer form to get the ownership into your name and address.