Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2016 05:00

P2417H, Reverse ghosting

Hello,

I have two monitor P2417H

one of them has a strong case of reverse ghosting.

i try different mode, changing the colors, the response time, the dynamic contrast...

one is plugged in hdmi the other one in VGA, so i switch them to make sure it was not that either.

I reseted it (factory reset) a few time (basicaly every time i try new settings)

here is a picture where you can see the purple line when i move the window : 

Also i tried to set up the two screens with the same color. And no matter what, the red are never the same. one tend to be a bit orangy (the one without reverse ghosting), while the other can manage to display a very deep red. it really feels like they are not the same screen.

Should i call back my resseler and ask to replace it, or will it be the same, or is there a solution to that reverse ghosting issue ?

Thank you

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 07:00

An update on "red-orange" problem:

I sent monitor back to the seller and get a new P2417H.

The colors are great now, red is a real red.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 6th, 2016 11:00

Try this workaround =

* Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Others
* Choose Factory Reset
* Go to Display
* Change Response Time to Fast
* Go to Color- Preset Modes
* Choose Custom Color
* Lower all RGB levels to 92
* Exit the OSD and retest

4 Posts

October 7th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

Thank for the feedback.

I tried it, but it doesn't change anything.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 7th, 2016 06:00

Attempt to get it exchanged through the reseller. If they refuse, exchange it through Dell.

4 Posts

October 7th, 2016 09:00

Ok, thank you

Will do

2 Posts

October 11th, 2016 08:00

Did you solved and how the "problem" related to red-orange color on P2417h monitor?

I bought P2417h a couple of days ago and when compare it with  one year old P2414h red color seem like some kind of orange. P2414h has deep red color but on P2417h it is brighter. All other colors are OK.

4 Posts

October 12th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

No i didn't, all the colors are ok but the red.

I'm a very disapointed by this screen. i have also some p2414h and they are great, i expected the p2417h to be the same, but it's clearly not the same quality.

No Events found!