Highlighted
Kosta1433
Bronze

P2418HZ, Camera, Microphone not working

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I recently bought a P2418HZ monitor with inbuilt camera, microphone, and speakers. The speakers work but I cant get the camera and microphone to work on my windows 10 machine. I have installed all the drivers from the CD but it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I have to do? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: P2418HZ, Camera, Microphone not working

Jump to solution

Read the P2418HZ User's Guide PDF (page 52) and the Setting up your Dell Monitor (Certified for Skype for Business) PDF. Both discuss the camera and microphone. After following the advice in both PDF's, come back with further questions.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Kosta1433
Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi Chris, 

Did all that, even though I have to search the CD for the drivers and do a manual install. The drivers have been installed successfully, however, the devices (Cam and Mic) do not appear in my device list at all. This means that the install didnt register the cam attached to the monitor or the mic even though the speakers work fine. 

I am at a loss to understand why. Is it a setting in my registry perhaps? really dont know 

I am using Windows 10 

0 Kudos
Kosta1433
Bronze

Jump to solution

Do I need to set up an account in Window Hello to activate it ? I wouldnt have thought so

0 Kudos
Kosta1433
Bronze

Jump to solution

I downloaded the latest version of the software to make sure it is compatible with Windows 10 and even though it says it installed successfully the device still doesnt appear in WINDOWS device manager. Its almost as if the installation didnt recognise the driver I installed 

I am at a complete loss 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Do I need to set up an account in Window Hello to activate it?
* Yes. But not for a hardware level issue.

* The P2418HZ USB upstream cable MUST be connected from the P2418HZ to a USB port on the computer
* Slide the shutter to the left to uncover the webcam
* Does the webcam work in these online applications?
Test 1
Test 2

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos
Kosta1433
Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

That wont work either, I have a separate graphics card at the back of the Box with three ports, DP HDMI and VGA port. There is no USB port on that card. 

If I try to connect the monitor to a USB port on the computer itself, the monitor will not work at all, there will be no image displayed at all. The only way to display the image is to connect to one of the ports on the graphics card itself, and not a port thru the motherboard

I am at a loss, and it is frustrating me. 

- Kosta

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Let's start over. What is the specific computer model?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos
Kosta1433
Bronze

Jump to solution

Asus PC Windows 10 Operating system 

3.1Ghz Processor with 16Gb Ram 

Intel Core Processor running at 3.1 Ghz 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You are confusing yourself. We are talking about two different things here. You must connect BOTH the video cable and the USB 3.0 Upstream cable.

The P2418HZ USB 3.0 Upstream cable has nothing to do with getting a video image. That cable must be connected to a USB port on the computer to access the two side USB downstream ports and the two bottom USB downstream ports. This also enables the computer to "see" the webcam and microphone.

So this is exactly how you should set this all up =

Asus graphics card DP out port --> P2418HZ DP to DP cable --> P2418HZ DP in port
Asus USB port --> P2418HZ USB 3.0 Upstream cable --> P2418HZ USB 3.0 Upstream port

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos