Tomm18
1 Copper

P2419HC, Lenovo T480s, no USB Type-C signal

Hi

I just purchased a P2419HC and using it with Lenovo T480s via USB-C port.

It works good, both display and power, but after computer sleep (and P2419HC shutdown). But, when waking up the Lenovo T480s, the P2419HC won't recognize the signal and says "no USB Type-C signal from your device".

Reconnecting the USB-C cable from the Lenovo T480s solves the problem.

How do I fix this issue, kinda bothering reconnect the Lenovo T480s after every break Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: P2419HC, Lenovo T480s, no USB Type-C signal

For my internal notes, click my name and private message me the P2419HC service tag number.

You will need to post this USB Type-C "wake" issue on the Lenovo Forum to find out why the Lenovo T480s is failing to make the USB Type-C handshake when waking from PC sleep.

By disconnecting/reconnecting the USB Type-C cable from the Lenovo T480s, you are forcing the Lenovo T480s operating system to "initiate" the USB Type-C handshake to the P2419HC. The Lenovo T480s hardware and operating system are responsible to make the connection handshake to the P2419HC. The P2419HC just waits for the handshake. The P2419HC does not "initiate" the handshake.

0 Kudos
Tomm18
1 Copper

Re: P2419HC, Lenovo T480s, no USB Type-C signal

Thank you for the response! When I put the laptop on sleep mode, I also turn off the monitor.

From what I discovered so far, If I turn on the monitor, and then wake the laptop, it works good.

But if I open the laptop and then the monitor, it fails to recognize it.

So I'll just keep opening the monitor before the laptop.

If I notice anything new I'll update.

0 Kudos