I just bought Dell P2419HC monitor, connected it to MacBook Pro via USB Type-C. It worked perfectly for around one hour. After that the monitor started to lose a signal. Screen just goes black, before that some artifacts flickers.
When screen is black, nothing is working, except of charging through USB Type-C. When I press buttons up\down\right nothing happens.
I tried to connect the monitor to Sony Playstation via HDMI cable, still not working good. After several seconds screen goes black again. Turn off\Turn on helps for a short time, only for 2-5 seconds.
I tried to do factory reset, it did not help.
Today I ran built-in diagnostics. When I pressed button 1(source) the first time, screen color has changed from gray to red for a fraction of second, and then display went black.
Every following attempt was unsuccessful, because every time display turns black after a few seconds.
We see from the Service Tag number =
* P2419HC was built on October 29, 2019
* Shipped from Dell on December 14, 2019 to a reseller in Germany
* Because you did not purchase this P2419HC directly from Dell, you need to fill out the Service Tag number Ownership Transfer form
* The P2419HC power cable should be plugged directly into the wall power socket. No UPS or surge protector
* Turn the P2419HC off
* Disconnect every cable (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the P2419HC
* Press the P2419HC power button in for 8 seconds
* Reconnect ONLY the power cable to the P2419HC
* Attempt to run the P2419HC stand alone Built-in Diagnostics (page 56). What happens?
As I mentioned before I've already did a built-in diagnostics with your instructions.
During diagnostics when screen color was grey, after I pressed button 1, screen color changed from grey to red for a second and then monitor became black, with no reactions to the buttons, only power button was working.
Before screen goes black, there is always some kind of image artifacts.
Is it a hardware problem?
We have not heard from you.
Please let us know if you shared the requested information so that we can have them checked and assist you further.
I sent you a video to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject #4457898 on 8th of March. Please check your inbox.
I tried to connect monitor to windows-based computer, android phone, ps4, mac. None of them works.
Prajwal here from Dell community.
I reviewed the video sent and it looks like a hardware issue.
I would like to know if you have filled the ownership form as suggested to you earlier?
Please get back to me with the status so that we can look into the options.
We are awaiting your response and hope to hear from you at the earliest.
Please let us know if you have filled the ownership form so that we can proceed with the next step.
In case, we don't hear from you, we will be archiving the case until we hear from you.