Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2016 14:00

P2715Q, DP, Cannot see Bios or Boot screens

Hello,

When I purchased this monitor several months ago, I had many problems when the monitor turned off and PC was on. The native resolution is 4K and Windows was changing applications positions/messy resolutions and I followed these steps:

en.community.dell.com/.../19580375

Those steps worked for my case (not the same monitor in the original's post). But I haven't been able to see pre-Windows boot screen information ever with DP cable.  If I want to check something in BIOS setup or try accessing safe mode for example the screen is completely black. What I have to do is plug in an HDMI cable and switch to HDMI mode in my monitor in order to see bios/startup information. I bet there is something messed up with the DisplayPort configuration in the registry editor? I don't like using HDMI cable because the frequency is lower than DP so I just use it when I want to see something at startup but its kind of annoying. There is a legend/popup on monitor when I recently turn it on: "Entering power safe mode".

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 28th, 2016 15:00

Sounds like the pre-windows screens cannot utilize the DP 1.2 4k2k 3840x2160 60Hz. Try setting the Hz to 30 by changing to DP 1.2 Disabled (DP 1.1a) in the monitor OSD (On Screen Display), then retest.

No Events found!